Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HP iPAQ 914
Press the reset button located on the bottom of the device with the stylus.
Hard Reset Via button
- Turn off the device.
- Press the OK button located on the right side of the device and the Voice Commander button located on the left side of the device.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button, keeping the OK and the Voice Commander buttons pressed.
- Release the Reset button.
- Release the OK button and the Voice Commander button when the Clean Boot message is displayed on the screen. The device restarts and turns on automatically.
- Turn on your device
- Tap Start > Settings > System .
- Tap the Factory Recovery icon.
- Type 1234 in the box using the on-screen keyboard.
- Tap YES .The Clean Boot message is displayed on the screen and the device restarts and turns on automatically.