Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HP 360LX
Press the Red RESET button in the backup battery
- Removing the main battery is one of the steps in resetting all information on a device.
- Take out the main batteries for at least 5 minutes, then insert them and turn on your device
Removing HP Palmtop 360LX main AA batteries
- The two AA main batteries are stored under the battery plate on the bottom of the device, below the hinge for the cover.
- Slide the cover plate off and remove the two AA batteries. Reverse the process to re-install the battery.
Removing HP Palmtop 360LX back up battery
- The backup battery is found under the small square door on the bottom of the device.
- Open the door and use the stylus to remove the old battery. Reverse the process to re-install the battery.
- The HP 360LX system uses one Li CR2032 battery for backup purposes. This backup battery will be used to maintain the system when the main batteries are removed from the system or when the main batteries are weak.
- The typical capacity of the backup battery is 180 mAh. The backup battery comes into operation when there is no ACIN signal and the VLB signal is active low. The Very Low Battery signal is set to be low when main battery voltage drops below 1.4 V. This signal is reset when main batteries' voltages rise above 1.8 V.
- If the backup battery is low, the device may function abnormally. The abnormalities may be related to the display, calibration, settings, sound, or other features.
- For example, the image on the screen will blink on and off or mix colors on the screen and/or the stylus may frequently need to be calibrated. Often the abnormality will occur with more frequency as the battery loses more power. The backup battery should be replaced AT LEAST every 6 months: sooner if the device is operated often with a low main battery.