Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Google Nexus Q
- Unplug the Nexus Q, then plug it in again.
- Wait for the Ring LED to light up, and then place your palm over the single LED on top.
- The ring LED starts flashing red. Keep your palm in place until the ring LED stops pulsing red and starts circling blue (about 10 seconds).
- If you lift your finger too soon, the LED turns solid red. If this happens, unplug and plug in the Nexus Q again to start over.
- During a successful reset, the ring LED will pulse purple to indicate that is is wiping all data.
- Once the reset is complete, the Nexus Q will reboot. After a short time, it will display a solid color to indicate it's ready to be set up again.