Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Google Nexus 7
Reset via menu
- Go to Settings
- Go to Backup & Reset
- Go to Factory Data Reset
- Tap the Reset.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android lying on its back.
- Press Volume Down twice, until the screen says Recovery mode.
- Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
- While holding down Power, tap Volume Up
- Use the volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press Power to select it
- Scroll down to Yes - erase all user data and press Power to select it