Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Google ion
Reset Via menu
- Press Home > Menu, then touch Settings.
- Scroll down the screen, then touch SD card & phone storage.
- Navigate to the Internal phone storage section, then touch Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, touch Reset phone and then touch Erase everything.
Hard Reset Via button
- While the phone is turned off, press and hold the Home and Back Buttons..
- Press the End Call/Power button While continuing to press the Home and Back buttons.
- When you see the screen with the Android logo, release the Home and Back buttons, and then Press the Trackball.