Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Gigabyte GSmart Saga S3
Hard Reset via buttons
- Switch off your device.
- Next press and hold together Volume Up + Power button until you see logo of your phone.
- Then scroll to wipe data using Volume Up to scroll, and Volume Down to confirm operation.
- Now wait few minutes until format is complete.
- After that browse to reboot and press Volume Down to accept option.
- Wait until your cell phone reboots.
Reset via Menu
- Tap the Application
- Tap the Settings
- Tap the Backup & Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap the Reset Device.
- Tap the Erase everything to reset the phone.
User data will be erased after ROM update. Make sure to back up data beforehand. Copy GBC_update.zip to microSD card root directory.
- Fully charge the battery. Turn off the device.
- Turn on the device while holding Volume up key.
- Release Volume up key after Android icon shows on the screen.
- Press Volume up key to select apply update from sdcard, then press Volume down key to Android system recovery.
- Press Volume up key to select GBC_update.zip, then press Volume down key for next step.
- The device will automatically update the ROM and show the process status.
- After the update process finished, press Volume up key to select reboot system now.
- After reboot, execute Factory data reset from Settings.