Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Gigabyte GSmart MW702
Hard Reset:To hard reset your device press and hold Camera key and Power Key at the same time for about 3 seconds and then release. Your device will reset to factory defaults and reboot.
Soft Reset: Press the button with stylus to soft reset your device.
Reset Via menu
You can reset your Gigabyte GSmart MW702 by following below instructions:
Tap Start > Programs > Tools > Restore to Default.
Please make sure that the battery charge status more than 50% before the update! If you want to safely perform the update, insert AC adapter or plug it to the computer the device during the update period. The update procedure is as follows:
- Save the details of the SPB backup software to a memory card, that after the upgrade, the usual data and settings from returning into the device
- Insert the micro SD card into the device, which is copied to the root directory of the extracted files in particular:
- CUSTFILE library
- Now press the volume control button pair Fader (bottom) button while a long, approx. Also the power button for 2-3 seconds.
Meanwhile, the lower volume control button (scroll wheel) is constantly pushing toward up or down (scroll).
- Do not be fooled by first darkens the image, and the image comes GSmart Welcome note once more!
- When you hit the IMAGE UTILITY on the black screen, you can release the Fader button to start the update process. updates of approx. 8-10 minutes, it finishes, a sign that REMOVE BATTERY.
- Pull the power cord to the device, remove the battery, and then reload and restart the device.
After reboot and install the SPB backup to copy back the saved settings and use the device.