Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook T580
Using the Recovery Partition
- Reboot or turn on your Fujitsu Lifebook and press F12 when the Fujitsu logo appears.
- Highlight Recovery and Utility using your arrow keys and press Enter. If this options does not appear, you have to recover directly from the recovery disc.
- Select a new keyboard layout on the first screen that appears, if your preferred keyboard is not already selected. Click Next. Select Use recovery tools..., and Next on the Operating System dialog screen. Enter your password, if your system is configured with one.
- Click Recovery and Utility on the System Recovery Options screen.
- Click the Recovery tab and click Restoring the Factory Image (only C:\drive). Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your Fujitsu Lifebook. Some models may require a supplied recovery disc be inserted at this point.
Using Recovery Disc
- Reboot or turn on your Fujitsu Lifebook. Press the Enter key when the Fujitsu logo appears. This launches the SecureCore Menu.
- Select the Boot Menu using your arrow keys and press Enter. Highlight CD/DVD.
- Insert the recovery disc in your CD or DVD drive and click OK.
- Select a new keyboard layout, if necessary, and click Next twice. Enter your password, if your system is configured with one, and click OK.
- Click Recovery and Utility. Choose either Restoring the Factory Image (only C: drive) or Restoring the Factory Image (full hard drive recovery) from the Recovery tab. Follow the on-screen instructions to restore factory settings.