Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Casio EG-800
- Use the stylus to press the Reset button
- Normal unit operation is possible after the desktop appears.
Important: The following procedure deletes all data in memory. Be sure that data is backed up or that you no longer need it before performing the following procedure.
- Switch on the device.
- While holding down the Power button, use the stylus to hold down the Reset button for about two seconds.
Note: This causes the following message to appear on the display screen. "Proceeding with this operation initializes memory. Press [Action] to proceed or I [Exit] to cancel."
- Press the [Action] control
Note: This causes the following message to appear on the display screen. "Proceeding with this operation deletes all data stored in memory. Press [Action] to proceed or [Exit] to cancel."
- Press the [Action] control again.
Note: This starts the full reset operation, which deletes all data in memory. Pressing the [Action] control displays the Startup screen. You can abort the full reset operation while the messages in steps 2 and 3 are on the display by pressing the [Exit] button.
Recover Casio EG-800 If the unit Crashes
Follow the step below until the software lock is cleared. steps:
- Try to turn the power ON/Off switch off and then ON
- Pull out the CF Card or remove the EG-800 from the cradle.
- try a user reset(the Program execution memory will be erased)
- Try a "Clear All Memory"(all memory areas will be cleared as the result of initialization.)
- As a last resort, remove the external power supply (AC Adapter) and main battery from the EG-800 and wait at least 48 hours for the memory backup battery to completely discharge.Then, insert the main battery and turn on the power ON/Off switch.