Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset BlackBerry 9700 Bold
Hard Reset by Hardware key
- Press and hold the Alt key + Right Shift key. Continue to hold the Alt key while you hold the Shift key.
- Press and hold the Backspace/Delete key. Make sure you are continuing to hold the Alt and Shift keys while you hold the Backspace/Delete key.
- Wait for the BlackBerry to reset. When this happens, you will see the screen turn off. You can now release the keys. It may take a few minutes or more for the smartphone to return to its normal settings.
Performing a Factory Reset
- Open the Options on your home screen.
- Select Security Settings.
- Choose what you want erased.
- Enter the code. To perform the wipe, you will need to enter the code. Type blackberry into the box and then select Wipe.
- Wait for the phone to complete the wipe process. Your BlackBerry will reset multiple times during the wipe process. Once the phone has rebooted, your data will be gone.
Warning: All data on your phone will be deleted.