Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Audiovox SMT 5600
- Press Start
- Press Accessories
- Press Clear Storage.
- Enter "1234" in the Password field and tap OK to confirm that you want to restore to default settings.
- Tap Yes to start restoring.
Note: All data is delete in your device. Back up your important data to your storage card or computer before reset.
- Press and hold both soft keys (the two buttons above the phone controls) on the device.
- Then press and hold the power button for around 1 to 1.5 seconds. Just long enough for the screen to light up. Let go of the power button, but keep pressing the other 2 keys.
- Shortly you should see a screen showing instructions for reseting the device.
- You have to press 0 quickly. If you don't push it within the time limit, all is wasted and you need to start again.