Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset AT&T Tilt
NOTE: All documents, files and device settings are unaffected.
While the device is powered on, insert the stylus into the Reset button.
- With the device either on or off,
- press and hold the left soft key and the right soft key, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the reset button.
- If the reset is done correctly, the you will get a white screen with blue text stating, "Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacturer default?
After a reset is performed, the device will automatically start a customization process that may take up to 15 minutes to complete. Do not power the device off or remove the battery during the customization process; doing so will prevent the device from installing necessary files and settings - internet, e-mail and other applications will not work.
Master Reset via menu
- From the today screen, tap Start.
- Tap Settings.
- From the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
- Enter "1234", then tap Yes.
- A confirmation screen will be displayed. Press OK to continue.
NOTE: The device will automatically reset and may not function for up to 15 minutes following the reset.