Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset AT&T Surround
There are following step for reset.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume UP and Volume Down buttons then Press Power button.
- When Android Exclamation marks comes out with instructions and Leave the all the buttons.
- Use volume UP and volume down buttons to select the Wipe data /Factory Reset.
- Confirm Using Power button
- Select Yes - delete all user data
- Allow some time for factory data reset.
- When done select Reboot system now and confirm using power button.
- It will take some time to complete reboot process .
If the AT&T Surround phone freezes or not response or will not turn on
- From the home screen, swipe left to expose your app list
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap about
- Tap reset your phone
- Tap yes to confirm, then tap yes to confirm again