Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Transformer Prime TF300T
Reset via Hardware button
- Switch off device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and then Power button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen, then let them both go.
- After a few seconds you should see some icons in the middle of the screen - in ICS they are called Wipe Data and Android. The right Android will have a green highlight fading in and out.
- Press the Volume Down button to select the Wipe Data icon then Volume UP to confirm it.
Reset Via Setting
- Tap the Apps icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll until you find the Settings app, then select it with a tap.
- Tap Backup & Reset.
- Select Factory data reset from the menu.
- Tap Reset tablet.
- It will prompt you to confirm the action - select Erase everything to confirm.