Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Asus PadFone 2
Hard Reset Via Menu
- Switch on Device
- Make sure ASUS PadFone 2 battery already charge properly
- Go to main home screen, press the menu button.
- Choose the Privacy
- Press Factory data reset.
- Then Press Reset.
- Then press Erase everything.
Hard Reset Via Hardware button
- Make sure the battery of ASUS PadFone 2 charge properly
- First of all switch off your device.
- Now, hold the volume up and power buttons together.In Recovery mode you should see a menu with different options
- Now, use the volume buttons to scroll down and select the option of factory reset/wipe data.
- Press power button to confirm your selection.
Asus PadFone 2 Manual Update
Download Asus website the firmware that corresponding to your device and extract it to your internal storage's root directory.Tap the exclamation mark sign on the notification area and select and tap System update file detected.Follow instructions on the screen
- Check Software version of Your device.
- Download PadFone 2 Firmware: V10.4.9.6 Only for WWE SKU and Update Version of SOP
Wrong SKU may cause update failure, You can only update your software version on same SKU
check Software version of device
Path:[Settings]-->[About PadFone]-->Build number