Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Asus FonePad
If the Device become not response or hang or stuck, we can also doing force reset by pressing small pinhole with stick or paper clip. We need to open the back cover (upper side at back), then find the small hole near the microphone
Hard Reset Via Menu
- Switch on Device
- Make sure ASUS FonePad battery already charge properly
- Go to menu: Setting > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device
- Choose Delete All
- ASUS FonePad will do the process to Master Reset to Factory Default
Hard Reset Via Hardware button
- Make sure the battery of ASUS FonePad charge properly
- First of all switch off your device.
- Now, hold the volume up and power keys together.
- Now, use the volume keys to scroll down and select the option of factory reset/wipe data.
- Press power key to confirm your selection.
Asus Fonepad Manual Update
Download Asus website the firmware that corresponding to your device and extract it to your internal storage's root directory.
There are following Instructions:-
- Extract folder "ME371MG_all_XXXX.raw" to the root path of Sd Card.
- insert the SD card to the device.
- Switch off the device.
- press power+vol up together till u enter it then go to Download mode.
- Now, use the volume keys to scroll down.you will see a menu on the screen.
- Select Sd download.use power button confirm.Device will process update and then reboot automatically.