Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Acer Iconia Tab A500
- Switch off Tab and wait for 15 Seconds.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power key
- after display goes ON Release Power Button But Hold Volume UP Key
- Now you See:
- Erasing User data..
- Erasing Cache..
Acer Iconia Tab A500 Clean boot
Warning: This will remove ALL data on the tablet, but not the MicroSD card.
If I remove an app, rename a file, update an app or do anything else, these changes are not saved when I reboot the tablet. Anything I delete comes back! And it starts updating all the apps again. I'm afraid to turn it off!
Then reset your tab following the process- From the home-screen, press Menu -> Settings -> Privacy ->Factory data reset. Then press Reset tablet and Erase everything.
Your tablet will now be restored to its original factory settings.
After a certain number of wrong entriess, you will be presented with an option to reset your pattern. press forgot pattern? then enter your google
account username and password.
important note: You must have an google account on the tablet. If not working do a clean boot.
Install any Iconia A500 Patch
- first copy upgrade. Zip file to your FAT or FAT32 microSD card.
- Copy Update. Zip to the microSD card, but delete everything else on the card.
- Electrical power off your fully charged A500 product with the microSd card placed.
- Click and hold the Volume level Down key then press and hold the Power key in concert.
- When you see the LED transforms on, release Power key but still hold Volume level down key. The Acer brand will show up on the display screen and the tablet will vibrate. Still press Volume level Down key until you see “Removing cache before SD update…” message. The update. Zip file will be instantly set up and then your tablet will restart.
A500 System Update: Select Applications, Configurations, About Tablet, and System Update.