Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Acer DX900
Soft reset: Using the tip of your stylus, lightly press the reset button inside the hole on the rear panel of your handheld.
Eten DX900 Default Settings procedures when touch screen is functoinal
If the Pocket PC is unable to maintain normal operation, but the touch screen is functional
- Tap Menu.
- Then tap Programs.
- Then tap Utilities.
- Then tap Default Settings.
- Please select the data input block on the right, and enter the authorized code in the block to the left. Then tap OK.
Acer DX900 Clean Boot
There are following step:
- Press and hold both Power button and RESET button for a while, then release them simultaneously.
- Wait for a few seconds until the screen wakes up displaying the model name, firmware version and firmware build date of your device,
- instantly Press and hold left side button under the volume slide.
- Continue pressing such button and release it when you see an inquiry box shown on the screen Erase all your data and load default? Yes [press camera button]. So, press confirm with camera button .