Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Acer DX650
Soft reset: Using the tip of your stylus, lightly press the reset button inside the hole on the rear panel of your handheld.
Acer DX650 Default Settings procedures when touch screen is functoinal.
If the Pocket PC is unable to maintain normal operation, but the touch screen is functional.
- Tap Menu.
- Then tap Programs.
- Then tap Utilities.
- Then tap Default Settings.
- Please select the data input block on the right, and enter the authorized code in the block to the left. Then tap OK.
If device are soft reset not work. Device is not response.
Note: It is highly recommended you use the above factory reset using the settings. If you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a factory data reset, you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Power up the phone by pressing the Volume UP + Volume Down Button both + Power Button.
- Use the Volume Down Button to SCROLL and Volume UP Button to SELECT
- Select Recovery then device will start up with Acer logo.
- Press the Volume UP + Volume Down Button both at this screen
- The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background .
- Use the Volume Down Button to scroll DOWN and the Power Button to SELECT the option desired .
- In this case , press the Volume Down Button till the Wipe data / factory reset is selected and press the Power Button to confirm the selection .
- press Volume Down Button again to select YES – Erase all data and press the Power Button to Confirm .
- The device will then start performing the Factory Data Reset.
- Reset process is complete.