Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Acer beTouch E400
You may have to perform a reset and/or clean boot if your Acer beTouch E400 fails to respond when buttons are pressed or the screen is tapped.
Note: Reset will often remove and erase all of your personal data from the Acer beTouch E400.
To perform factory reset/clean boot procedures, follow below steps:
From the home screen,
- press Menu
- press Settings
- press Privacy
- press Factory data reset.
- Then press Reset phone and Erase everything.
Your device will now be restored to its original factory settings
If that doesn’t work, or if your Acer beTouch E400 is not response:
- Please turn off the phone.
- Press and hold together Volume Down + Power button until the phone vibrate once.
- Now release quickly Volume down and press Volume up and you will see a new menu on screen.
- Then use Volume buttons to select option Recovery.
- Next from the menu choose Wipe data/factory reset, using Volume buttons to browse options, and Menu button to confirm operation.
- Confirm operation: yes - delete all data with Menu key.